In 2017 I decided to dig through the Artangel archive and find numbers corresponding to the days of advent.
- 1 fox in the National Portrait Gallery
- 2 giant sheets of latex in Westminster Hall
- 3 sites of water in Toledo
- 4 brothers on the Isle of Wight
- 5 people inside Seizure at YSP etc.
I’d been at artangel for a month, I am known for my aversion to numbers, and I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
I posted these on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtag #artadvent and shared as yet unseen or unheard footage from installations, audio from talks, and project images.
I learnt a lot about past projects in a very short space of time and had the opportunity to profile some historic projects that people don’t tend to hear about as much, like 13 different keys and Empty Club.